Saturday, January 9, 2010

Eat from the Pantry Challenge

I'm jumping on board with some bloggers who are doing a pantry clean out.(Link Here... Eat from the Pantry Challenge.) It would be a good idea for me get our pantry and freezer down to nothing and restock. This will also help me save $$$ while I'm out with Jacob. The official pantry challenge is to spend 100$ for the entire month. I know I won't be able to do that (and I honestly don't know how others do it!) so I'm doing my own version of a pantry clean out which means using and planning with what I have on hand.

I actually think I have enough meat in the freezer to last about two months, woo-hoo! My plan to stock the freezer while out with baby worked...and well, let's be honest as soon as JJ comes, cooking won't be top priority so the meat in the freezer may last even longer. I am really hoping to put the crock-pot in good use though so we aren't living on sandwiches for the next two months.

When I go shopping on Sunday this week I'll report back how I did. If I report back, even if I'm the only one who will ever know, maybe I'll feel more accountable to actual do what I plan on doing.

Here are a couple of photos of the pantry and freezers. I'll post pictures again after the challenge to see if I did good or bad.

*Pantry Cupboard*
IMG_0729

*Indoor freezer, I usually stock this one with the quick go-to meals*
IMG_0730

*Outdoor Freezer, stocked with meat and poultry*
IMG_0731

No comments:

Post a Comment