Thursday, October 29, 2009

Canadian Bacon Fettuccine Alfredo

EASY, EASY, EASY and CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP and FAST, FAST, FAST!!!!!

I don't make this a whole lot. It's super easy and cheap to make...and it's a favorite in our house, but I know it's not good for us. I try not to serve it with bread and usually do a green vegetable instead. It makes me feel a little better knowing we are eating a vegetable with this super bad for us meal.

This is a great meal to have on hand at all times. I always have the Fettuccine Noodles and Alfredo Sauce in the pantry and Canadian Bacon in the freezer. It's great to have for the nights when I get home too late to make what I originally wanted or if we need to throw together something quick.

Whatcha Need
1 lb Fettuccine Noodles
1 Jar of your favorite Alfredo sauce. I usually stick with whatever is on sale.
1 Package of Canadian Bacon
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Flour
Milk to make a rue. (Not Pictured)
IMG_5538

Whatcha do with it

Cook pasta...while the pasta is in the water cut Canadian Bacon into bite size pieces and warm it up in skillet.
IMG_5539

Pull Canadian Bacon out and set aside. Let's make a rue.
2 Tbsp Butter Melted + 2 Tbsp Flour + Milk to make a cream sauce...ya know the universal rue :o) It coats the back of the spoon (seasoned with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning)
IMG_5541

Add the One jar of Alfredo sauce and Canadian bacon back into the skillet.
**My sister asked why I make a rue and also use a jar of alfredo. I use both because a jar of alfredo doesn't seem to go far enough for an entire package of Fettuccini and the rue makes it a lot richer and creamier sauce for the dish. **
IMG_5542

Add the cooked pasta to the cream/Alfredo mixture
IMG_5543

Season with Italian Seasoning, lots of pepper, and nutmeg ...Stir together
IMG_5544

YUMMMMMMMM...we served with good ole Green Trees (or broccoli for those who don't have toddlers.)
IMG_5548

No comments:

Post a Comment