Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Chili Recipe

Josh was actually hesitant when he saw me taking pics of the food to post the chili recipe. He is a little protective of the recipe. I told him, if I die tomorrow don't you want to know how to make my chili? LOL!!!! So anyways here is my chili recipe, it's nothing special, but ohhhhh so yummy!

Whatcha Need...
1 lb ground hamburger
1/2 onion
Garlic
2 cans of Kidney beans (don't drain the juice)
2 cans of pinto beans with jalapenos (don't drain the juice)
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 big ole can of tomato juice

Seasonings, I'll be honest with you. I normally buy a McCormick "hot" seasoning packet then add additional spices. Most people frown on the seasoning packets, but I don't. So a "hot" McCormick Chili packet, chili powder, cumin, McCormick hamburger seasoning, salt, and pepper.
IMG_5464

Whatcha do with it all...

In a big ole pot brown hamburger, onion, garlic...season with salt, pepper, and hamburger seasoning (I love that stuff.)
IMG_5465

Add stewed tomatoes (you can't see them in this pic, but they are there) and all the beans with the juices.
IMG_5466

Add in big ole can of tomato juice and stir
IMG_5467

Season with the "hot" chili packet and then I add some add'l chili powder and cumin. Just a little, not a lot.
IMG_5468

Stir in all the seasonings...the chili should now be a really dark red. Bring to boil then drop down to a simmer for at least 30 minutes.
IMG_5469

Serve it up with some shredded cheese and some good 'ole corn bread.
IMG_5471

I make chili a LOT during the fall and winter, I'm always able to get two meals out of it by freezing half so it's super economical. We are some chili loving folks in the Cooley household.

No comments:

Post a Comment