Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Taco Dip

OK, I can't say enough about this casserole. It's been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. I've modified my moms version just a little. I've attempted to make it a little more healthful, but I don't know how well I've succeeded at that. I defend it's nutrition in that a little goes a long way and you get full pretty quick.

This is often a meal we have on Monday nights in the fall cause this goes great with a Beer and Football!!!!

Taco Dip

Whatcha Need...
1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans (I get the kind with jalapenos added)
1 can re fried beans (this can easily be omitted)
Taco Seasoning
1 can of condensed Cheddar cheese soup (OK, I know this is probably terrible for you, but I've tried to make it without it and it's just not the same)
1 Cup shredded Mexican cheese
Tortilla Chips
IMG_0292
IMG_0293

Whatcha do with it
Brown ground beef and onion until done.
Add one packet of Taco seasoning (Omit the water it calls for on the back of the package)
Add Black beans and pinto beans to ground beef mixture.
IMG_0294

Poor Beef/Bean mixture into casserole dish that has a very thin layer of crushed up tortilla chips
(Sorry no Pic)

Add layer of re fried beans to casserole
Add layer of canned cheese soup to casserole
IMG_0295

Looks something like this before putting it in oven.
IMG_0298

Bake at 400 degrees for 15 min.

Top with extra shredded cheese and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
IMG_0300

Serve with Tortilla Chips, sour cream and salsa.
IMG_0301

No comments:

Post a Comment