Friday, October 30, 2009

Crock Pot...Pot Roast

This one is for the boys. They all LOVE it. This is probably the first thing I ever made in my crock pot. Since then, the crock pot has become almost as important in my kitchen as our stove. I use it ALL the time and I have a feeling as the boys get older I'll use it even more when trying to juggle schedules.

So here is the Crock Pot, Pot Roast.

Whatcha Need
2 lb roast. (I buy on sale and freeze them. I always have one or two in the freezer.)
2 handful of carrots
4 potatoes cut up into quarters
1 onion cut up (for some reason on this day I forgot the onion.)
1 onion soup Lipton packet sprinkled over roast
3/4 cup Beef stock or water poured over roast
Seasonings...Salt, Pepper and whatever ya like.
(Sorry no pic of ingredients.)

Whatcha do with it
Throw it in the crock pot. It doesn't get easier than that.
Here is what mine looks like before it's cooked.

IMG_5504

Set the crock pot on low for 8 hours and viola....ya got dinner.
(Don't go over 8 hours for a two pound roast)
IMG_5509

No comments:

Post a Comment