Monday, October 19, 2009

Cowboy Stew

Since it's Fall I've been pulling out my trusty 'ole slow cooker a lot more. I made one of Josh's Favorite dishes, Cowboy Stew recently. This has got to be one of the easiest things to make. Really inexpensive too, I'm always able to freeze half of it.

Whatcha Need...
1 lb stew meat (I always stock up on London broil when it's on sale and cut it into big chunks.)
1 28oz can baked Beans plus a 16oz of BBQ baked beans
1 Onion
4 Medium size potatoes cut into big pieces
(For some reason I don't have a picture of all the ingredients???)

Whatcha do with it...
Cut onion and Meat into big chunks
IMG_5223

Add potatoes...then season...salt, pepper, McCormick hamburger seasoning.
IMG_5228

Mix it all together...
IMG_5229

Add baked beans on top of Meat, Potato, and onion mixture.
IMG_5231

Cook on low for 8-10 hours and ya get this.
IMG_5240

And I promise you; if you have a meat and potatoes kind of guy you can get anything you want with the temptation of this dish. I often use this dish in attempts to get stuff out of Josh. Our conversations usually go something like this...

Me: "Hey Josh, want to go shopping this weekend."
Josh: "Ehhhh, can't your sister or mom go with you."
Me: "I'll make cowboy stew for when we get home."
Josh: "What time do you want to leave?"

Yep, it's that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment