Saturday, December 12, 2009

Super Easy Nachos

My favorite kind of food is Mexican. I've noticed we usually have something that is Mexican every other week. It probably has a lot to do with the spiciness, I love spicy food.

Nachos bring me back to when Josh and I were first married, it's probably one of the only things we made that we considered "Cooking" way back when. Now I consider Nachos a quick dinner to throw together when I'm tired or need something done in under 20 minutes. I'm sure 9 years ago it probably took Josh and I over 40 minutes to make nachos with our broken oven that never really got to the temperature that we set it too, overcooking ground beef, and just not being as organized in the kitchen. Those were some fun days...

Whatcha Need...
(Sorry no pic of ingredients)
3/4 lb of 98% lean ground hamburger
1 can of pinto beans, drained
1 really small can of sliced olives, drained
1/2 diced red onion
1 2cp bag of Mexican shredded cheese
Taco Seasoning
Nacho Toppings of Choice...
Jalapeno, Sour Cream, Salsa

Whatcha Do with it...
(Again, sorry no pics, I was in a hurry to get dinner done.)
Pre-Heat oven to 450 degrees
While oven is heating brown hamburger with Taco Seasoning, add 2 tbsp of water to meat to get the seasoning incorrporated.

Spread chips on a baking sheet lined with foil, sprinkle one half bag of cheese over Nacho chips.

Spread cooked ground meat and drained pinto beans over Chips and top with remaining cheese.

Sprinkle diced onion and olives on top of cheese

Pop into oven for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and...
Viola top with your favorite toppings and you have a super easy and quick dinner ready in no time.
IMG_5946_1

No comments:

Post a Comment