Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bruschetta Chicken

This is a really healthy and yummy chicken dinner. Marinating the chicken really gives it a lot of flavor and makes it really juicy. I can usually throw together this meal with ingredients I always have on hand and it's always done in about 30 minutes. It's tangy from the marinade, juicy from the tomatoes and the mozzarella cheese rounds out all the flavors nicely. I bet some fresh basil would be awesome on top of these, but I didn't have any on hand when I made these. I think next time I put this on our menu, I'll make sure to have some fresh basil for top though.

Whatcha Need...
1 pkg of boneless, skinless, thin cut (cutlet) chicken breasts.
Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Italian seasoning (Not pictured)
IMG_6001_1

Whatcha do with it...
Marinate chicken in the sun-dried tomato dressing (the longer the better).

Place chicken on grill to, season with an extra little Italian seasoning, and grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes. Flip the chicken and grill for another 10 minutes.
Drop stove temp to medium low.
Add the diced tomatoes (with juice)and mozzarella cheese over chicken and cover with a foil tent until tomatoes are warmed through and mozzarella cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
IMG_6002

Once everything is melted and tomatoes are warm...viola you have dinner!
IMG_6005
We served with Italian roasted potatoes and edamame.

1 comment:

  1. I just printed out this recipe. I can't wait to give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete