Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Butternut Squash

Sadly, this will probably be the only time you see Butternut Squash on here for awhile. Although it's in season, so you can get it for rock bottom prices, it seems as though I have a house full of men who aren't crazy about butternut squash. Me, I love it and could probably eat an entire squash myself. I'll keep trying it with the boys and hope they grow to like it. They both loved squash as babies so I'm keeping my fingers crossed their dislike is just a phase. Josh on the other hand didn't like it at all and the poor guy had to force down the three bites he tried. I was able to freeze a really good portion of the squash so I think I'll make a soup with the leftovers that weren't eaten.

Whatcha Need...
Butternut Squash
Salt, Pepper and Butter
IMG_5662

Whatcha do with it...
Cut ends off of squash and then cut it in half. Cut those half in half and take out the seeds. Then cut those halves in half. Are you confused yet? Here are some pics.
IMG_5663
IMG_5664

Season with Salt, Pepper and then a little dollop of Butter.
IMG_5665

Fill the pan with water. About 1/4 inch of water in the pan. (Don't put too much water in the pan though, the squash will release a lot of water and you don't want to loose all the nutrients or have the pan overflow.) Cover with foil and roast in an oven at 350 degrees for about 45-55 minutes.

Whatcha Get...
a yummy, sweet and buttery squash.
IMG_5672.1

No comments:

Post a Comment