Friday, November 20, 2009

White Chicken Chili

In keeping with the comfort food of the fall and winter here is our White Chicken Chili recipe. This is a pretty spicy chili and sooooo good. It will warm you from the inside out. This is another one of Josh's favorites and is on his top 5 list of favorite foods. Economical??? Why yes it is!!! Healthful??? Why yes it is!!!

Whatcha Need...
1 lb of chicken cut up into 1/2 inch pieces. (I've made this with with both Chicken Breast and Chicken Thighs, both are good. If you're looking to make it super economical use the thighs in this recipe.)
1 can of Chicken Broth
2 cans of Great Northern (white) beans, undrained.
1/2 can of green chili's (I had some in my freezer I used up.)
Poultry seasoning
McCormick White Chicken Chili packet (I've tried to make this chili without this packet and it just doesn't taste the same, I highly recommend getting the packet)
and my usual...Salt, Pepper and McCormick Hamburger Seasoning.
IMG_5716

Whatcha do with it...
I didn't really take a lot of pictures because it's so easy to do and I was in a rush to get dinner done.

Cook cut up chicken for about 10 minutes. Seasoned with Poultry Seasoning, Salt, Pepper and McCormick Hamburger Seasoning.
IMG_5718

After the chicken has cooked for 10 minutes you just add the White Chicken Chili seasoning packet, Green Chili's, Can of Chicken Stock, and two cans of beans undrained. Bring to a boil and then drop down to simmer for 10 minutes.

Viola, there you have it. Easy dinner usually done in under 30 minutes.
IMG_5721
(We served with croissants)

No comments:

Post a Comment