Thursday, November 5, 2009

Slow Cooker Pork Chops

My favorite pork chops to buy is the big 'ole thick cut pork chops from Sams Club. I am able to get at least three meals from one package.

This is a really simple slow cooker pork chop meal. I found this recipe one day when I was looking for a slow cooker pork chop recipe that didn't utilize creamed soup. I'm as big a fan as the next person when it comes to that good 'ole creamed soup, but there comes a point when it's the last thing I want to grab in my pantry.

I threw this all together one day before work so I wasn't able to take pictures, but to be honest...no pictures are needed, it's so simple.

Whatcha Need...
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
2 teaspoon italian seasoning
3-4 thick cut boneless pork chops
salt and pepper

Whatcha do with it all...
In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, chicken broth, garlic, paprika, garlic powder, poultry seasoning and italian seasoning. Pour into the slow cooker. Place Pork chops in slow cooker and season chops lightly with salt and pepper. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.

Whatcha Get...
IMG_5594
All I had to do when I got home from work was make some mashed potatoes and green beans seasoned with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Poor some brown gravy over it (made from a gravy mix, not the crock pot juice...it was a little too oily to use as a gravy) and Viola!! The meat on the chop will be SO tender it will cut easily with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment