Thursday, November 12, 2009

Salmon Fillets

This meal makes me laugh. Bean LOVES this meal, it's one of his favorites...well actually Bean and Jax LOVE salmon. Josh and I laugh because only Bean would love Salmon and frown at Chicken Nuggets. We usually have Salmon once a month. I buy the big bag of Atlantic fillets at Sam's Club and it usually lasts us two months. I decided to attempt making salmon because whenever Josh and I would go out to eat at a steak house I would always get the Salmon, I love it. Our days of eating at steak houses once or twice a month have been saved for special occasions once all the kiddos came along and dining at expensive restaurants became something that was "pre-kids".

Thankfully, Josh and I have learned how to make a lot of those meals we use to eat at steak houses right in the comfort of our home. We make Salmon a lot of different ways, but this is my easy go-to salmon meal.

Whatcha Need
3-4 Salmon Fillets (rinsed and dried)
Dill Weed
Lemon Juice
Garlic
Salt and Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Not pictured)
IMG_5631

Whatcha do with it
Pre-Heat oven to 350
Mix about 2 Tbsp of lemon juice and 2 Tbsp of Garlic into bowl. (LOL, don't laugh at my bottled lemon juice, it works for me!!!)
IMG_5633

Place Salmon Fillets on foil lined (Oiled) baking sheet.
Rub salmon with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Season with Salt, Pepper, and Dill Weed (I use dried Dill so I kinda have to put a lot on to get the flavor)
Spoon Lemon and garlic mixture over salmon.
IMG_5634

You can cook salmon in the oven two ways. I either bake them at 350 for 30 minutes or you can broil about 4 inches from heat for around 10 minutes. This night I cooked them for 30 minutes because I needed time to do a salad and rice....
Viola, here is dinner!!
IMG_5637
(Lol, and isn't the salad pretty??)
IMG_5635

No comments:

Post a Comment