Monday, November 9, 2009

Tuna Noodle

This dish is comfort food at it's best. I found this Tuna Noodle recipe a couple years ago and really liked it so it's became my staple recipe. In the fall and winter I am usually making this once a month. In the spring/summer it seems to go off our meal rotation.

I gotta tell you though once the house is filled with the smell of Tuna Noodle I swear it takes me back to when I was a kid. My mom made this all the time growing up. This recipe is a little different than hers, but I've kept some of her signature staples on this recipe.

Whatcha Need...
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream of Celery Soup (If you like a dryer Tuna Noodle then omit one can of either soup)
1/2 cup Milk (Not pictured)
2 1/2 cups of Uncooked Elbow Noodles
1 12 oz can of Tuna
1 small bag of Mozzarella Cheese
Sour Cream and Onion potato chips (Not Pictured)
IMG_5596

Whatcha do with it...
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cook 2 1/2 cups of Noodles and drain
While Noodles are cooking mix soup(s), milk, 1/2 bag of Mozzarella cheese, and tuna in baking dish. Season with Salt, Pepper and Italian Seasoning.
IMG_5597

Stir in Drained Cooked Noodles and mix together...top with remaining Cheese...
IMG_5598

Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes...top with crushed up Sour Cream in Onion potato chips and return to oven until browned
IMG_5599

Viola...ya got dinner. We serve with a side of peas instead of traditional recipes that call for you to add the peas to the casserole. The only reason I don't add peas to the casserole is because there are a couple of Cooleys that frown at peas.
IMG_5600


This is the super duper easy version of Tuna Noodle. I also make another Tuna Noodle that's a little more dressed up. It is super good. I'll post that recipe too, but this is definetly the casserole that comes up on the meal rotation a lot. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment